Saturday, April 3, 2010

SCARY MAN - Demo Tape

Photobucket

Now back to Olympia. I still have a few releases from the East Coast I'll put up in due time. I still have to rip them onto my computer. Before we left for tour Joey, Ian J., Austin, and I recorded a new project dubbed Scary Man. Every serious name I could think of Joey didn't like and every serious name Joey could think of I didn't like so we ended up naming the band after Red & Black's mascot Sheepy 2 Dope. He's called Scary Man when he wears the scream mask. The concept of Scary Man is less abstract than Sixes. Unlike Sixes I aid in the songwriting, 'Chopping and Skrewing' so to speak. Scary Man embodies more of the music style I enjoy but the lyrics don't mean quite as much to me. In scary man I focus moreso on scene politics and just calling people out in general. All the demo tapes are hand-watercolored and drawn so each is beautifully crafted for you personally. Joey bled on about four of them so those are hella rare dog. We gave them all out for free and I think we still have about eight left. Hit me up if you want one. You'll need a physical copy for the hilarious B-side. The point of Scary Man is to be both intense and as fun as possible. I pull from influences like Straight Ahead and SS Decontrol who have ultimately stood the test of time for me as the best bands ever and Joey pulls from a more noisy Black Flag-esque background. This culminates to be the Scary Man sound. Below are all the different covers we made. Enjoy yourself.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Lyrics
Insert
Download

1 comment: