Tuesday, April 6, 2010

President Kennedy - Demo 2007

Photobucket

I love this demo, it's great! I just realized this came out a few months after the Hectic demo I posted earlier so I guess you could say it's reminiscent of Hectic. That 'southern rock riff in hardcore thing' I commented on earlier? I usually hate that but when my friends do it I end up liking it. I have a hard time disliking friend's bands especially when they're passionate about them. This was a step in a new direction for Bremerton bands at the time; the lyrics were much more serious and musical style began to branch out a bit. The music is driving and intense and the vocals are insane. The thing I like about Bremerton that parallels Olympia is that they always have tons of bands but they all sound different. Different subgenres within hardcore punk. Also, I think I caught an Anatomy of a Ghost reference? That's kind of wild. Unfortunately President Kennedy has disbanded. I'll put up the seven inch later. They used to cover Void "Who Are You". That was always a rager. Tony of Sunset and Game Over fame, Benn of Poseidon Sunset and HIV fame, Dustin of HIV and Sunset? fame, and Griffin of Sunset Game Over and Sojourner fame.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment