Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Backtrack - Demo 2008

Photobucket

Backtrack is a contemporary hardcore band from New York. Sixes played with them last year in... uh, I can't remember, maybe it was LA? Anyhow, I enjoyed the performance and the vibe. Forceful vocal delivery and straight ahead garb caught my attention. Judging by the name I am assuming the band was going for a raw deal, rest in pieces, breakdown kind of thing but ended up embodying more-so early 2000s hardcore in the vein of No Warning and so on. I gave one of the dudes a Trainyard demo (for we also take from similar influences but present it a different way). He was kind of a dickhead during the interaction so I'm hoping it had to do more with being tired, etc. than him just being a jerk. In contemporary hardcore it seems the latter prevails if you aren't kissing ass. If you have a hankering for a moshy-jammer check out "Kept Out".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

1 comment: