Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Outlook - S/T 7"!

Photobucket

I should preface with my bias; I love Outlook. I already gave my two cents on the band in the demo review so I'll focus mainly on contrasting it with the demo. The recording quality for the record is a lot better and the music is a lot more diverse. Maybe diverse isn't the correct term... I'd say more complex. More intricate parts in some songs. "No Purpose" and "Fuck GEO", a blatant attack on the fucked up Detention Center in Tacoma, are my two favorites. The song structures are crazy and awesome. The record is great, the communicativeness and outreach to the listener is personal and refreshing, and Outlook as a whole refuses to fall into total general characterization as a youth crew band. With the exception of borrowing some stand-out influences from Minor Threat ("Turn It Off") and Jerry's Kids ("In the Red") Outlook creates their own sound, one that is very difficult to characterize. If you think it generic, you probably just don't have enough familiarity with the genre. Give it a listen and buy the record for there are still copies for the taking! If you're interested contact me at my email and I can get you a physical copy. Much love.

Photobucket

The record also comes with this nice little note:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had to chop up the insert so here it is in somewhat of an order:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment