Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sidetracked - Wrench

Photobucket

I picked up this tape at the Outlook/Sidetracked record release along with a couple other releases I was long overdue in getting a hold of. Jay pointed my attention to this release foremost and told me that he had James and I in mind with it, describing it as straight forward hardcore. Tracks like "Didn't Deserve It" and "Wrench" remind me of classic Sidetracked but a lot of the others have a more jammy feel like "Severed" and "No Recollection", which are two of my favorites. I love the layered vocals in "Severed". Following Uniform Jay's vocals get more out of control aggressive, see "Nothing's Broken". This release is really fucking good and I have found myself flipping it more than the others partly because I'm so intrigued by it. Like Jay introduced it, it really has a different feel than other records of theirs. The recordings have very little bass and it has a very "scratchy" feel to it. That's the only word I can think of to describe it. Like they recorded everything and compressed it all. I guess they recorded it with a tape recorder in their jam space then did vocals over it. Keep it coming!

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment