Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sidetracked - Forfeit

Photobucket

This is the most recent Sidetracked record and the last of theirs I have to put up for the time being. I love the layout, it's like Straight Ahead but without the artwork. Very aesthetically appealing to me for some reason. This record is pretty damn wild so I'll walk you through it, the whole release is only two minutes long. It begins with a nine second instrumental... there are some pretty wild effects used on some of the tracks like "Terminal" and "Dilemma". There's a four second Nasum cover. The title track is Jay talking over super reverby 'unsnared' snare drum and tom. The entire B-side is one 15 second track half of which is the last word of a two word song echoed. If your eyebrows aren't raised yet you gotta download it. Once again Jay's vocals are getting pretty gnarl. I really enjoy it. I'm already sad I don't have more to listen to.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

3 comments:

  1. I love this band, thanks for uploading all this great stuff I haven't heard yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to sidetrack (sorry) this post,but wondering if you have any shit by Sonskull you could hook it up with?

    ReplyDelete