Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sidetracked - HOD Split 6"

Photobucket

I got a batch of overdue Sidetracked releases to get up here so I'll start with the split 6" with Hummingbird of Death. The obvious comment to make would be that this is on an unusual format, especially for a split. Still, in classic Sidetracked fashion the band manages to squeeze on nine songs. Also my insert is really weird and I feel may have been a mistake? I scanned it so you can check it out. Maybe that's what they wanted for it? The songs are fucking great and the record is quickly becoming one of my favorite releases. "Cynic", "Fine Line", "Fence Rider" and "Dealt" are my standout tracks on this one. "Solitary" consists of a bass ring out and someone talking who I can't identify. "Fine Line" is beautiful in its simplicity and "Fence Rider" has... gunshots in it? Not sure what's going on there. Or maybe it's a helicopter, I'm not sure but it's a new venture for Sidetracked. "Refuse" is the shortest track to date I've been acquainted with. It goes straight into the Black Army Jacket cover so I have it ripped as a second long. Woof. Great record, definitely worth the purchase. I can't believe it took me so long to listen to it. I recognized "Fine Line" from a couple Sidetracked sets since the release of the record.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment