Sunday, March 3, 2013

Strangers - Demo CS

Photobucket

Clocking in at 5 minutes is Chicago's Strangers with five original tracks and a cover of the UK Antidote's "Remembrance Day". I gotta say they really do the cover justice, it is damn good. Ralph sent these tracks to me long before we came out there so I was excited to see how it translated live, boy was I not disappointed. I was actually blown away by the live performance. It was energetic and visceral, everything I could have wanted and much more than I expected. And I don't mean more than I expected as in I didn't think it would be good, I mean it seriously was just awesome. Totally took me by surprise how good it was live. Not only was I swept off my feet by the live performance but we also got to share a van with them for the tour we did in the Midwest. Ralph was nice enough to put Adjustment to Society on his Welcome to 2013 Comp and book a tour for us to come out there and play the comp release. I'll put the record up later. It was an experience and a half. Intense conversations and rambunctious fun was had by all. Ridiculously fun and inspiring tour, thank you guys so much. Chicago wanted to get us back for helping them out in Olympia and putting them on New Direction Fest and they did so in spades. We wrestled, we went sledding, we stole weapons, we ate delicious food every day, we traded stories and made new friends, and just altogether killed it. I'll write up more soon and do a little tour retrospective when I get some photos back. Still straight edge and still vegan in a scene where it's no longer cool; fuck you. Peep Strangers, crazy erratic hardcore played at breakneck speed. They had some new tracks they played live so I'm excited to see what's coming from this band in the future.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket 

Download

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment