Sunday, October 28, 2012

The First Step - What We Know

Photobucket
Most contemporary bands of this genre are vapid and boring. The First Step actually brings new inspiration to the table. The first time I saw The First Step was in 2005 and I fell in love instantly. Dude was going off and hardly singing into the mic. I loved everything about it. What We Know is actually my second favorite release (counting Open Hearts and Closed Minds and the Demo as the same release and my favorite) but fucking rips the whole way through. Re-recorded version of "As It Is" is so sick. Unfortunately Connection was a total disappointment to me but enough about other releases I'll put up later. For being so far away I sure did get to see this band a lot. A few times in southern California and in Seattle. I remember once in Seattle after Aram had joined the band he was playing the riff to "Something Must Be Done" and I yelled for them to play it enough that they actually did. This lp is flawless and Stephen's vocals are way harder than the previous releases. Love it. This band is totally incredible and way underrated. Too bad they called it quits. Also incredibly lyrics throughout.
 Photobucket 

  Photobucket 
  Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Download

No comments:

Post a Comment