Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lights Out - Overload

Photobucket

I rarely put up LPs because they're time consuming and my scanner can't fit the images but holy fuck this record is incredible. Joey (of White Wards, Gag, In Debt, R&B, etc. fame) was talking about this LP at the last GAG practice and we reminisced on how much it rules. This 2005 release would easily be in my top ten for the decade. A style of hardcore that is hard to come by now, at least hard to come by those that play it well. Ah, better times, I mean look at that style on the back cover, so sick, haha. This band actively toured quite a bit stopping off in Olympia often but sadly, like I mentioned before, my last memory of them was at Sink With Cali 2006. This was bay area hardcore at its finest in my opinion. Super catchy, crushing yet fun contemporary hardcore. This record is flawless, there are absolutely no bad or filler songs, the opening and closing tracks "Trapped" and "Consequence" are the gems on the release. While you're at it download the 7" off my blog as well. I'm not sure what the people in this band are doing now but I know Aaron is still playing in shitloads of bands.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment