Thursday, February 11, 2016

Protester - Demo CS

 photo Protesterdemocs_zpsnovlfrqk.jpg

Connor's brainchild, DC's Protester is a band that holds a special place in my heart but I'll save the sappy write up for a later post because I have a LOT of Protester gear to throw up here. This demo cassette came to me before I met Connor in a care package from Nick. The first thing I noticed was the Confront rip so I was down from the get go. Next thing I noticed was that all the songs were credited to Connor who wrote and performed everything on the release which is another thing I appreciate because it shows the homie cares about what he's putting out there (also one of the only ways to find an edge lineup nowadays). Little did I know we'd end up touring together later on and he'd become champion brethren. "Left To Rot" blisters through all go no slow while channeling SSD to end it. "Break" follows the same formula and hits you over the head only to be over by the time you catch your breath again. The tape concludes with two AF covers back to back with one of my personal favorites ever "Fight" delivered with some serious skill and lung capacity. First time I heard this cover recorded was on the Waste Management 7", I was a fan then and I'm a fan now. Sick fucking shit but everyone knows that now.

 photo Protestercsback_zpswdrt20mw.jpg

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment