Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sojourner - Blunt Block Cassette

Photobucket

Anyone with the tired argument Hardcore is so cliche, uncreative, rip-off after rip-off, not worth listening to, limited, and one trend after another ad infinitum has obviously never heard Sojourner. This release is fucking wild... I can't explain it... you really have to listen to it. The tape opens up with "Minutes to Miles" which is anything but a conventional hardcore formula and is my favorite track on the tape. "Penny For My Thoughts" is great and features a spoken 108/strife/90s-esque part that almost sounds sampled then leads into a Devo cover; a pleasant surprise. The track thank you I had to listen to a few times when I heard it. Listen to it and imagine giving cookie monster cookie after cookie. Expectations is also a good track but leads into the oddest track of the tape... over five minutes of Brian saying I feel Everything. Next is Happiness... you'll have to listen to that one yourself to describe it too. Keep up the good work. Sojourner continues to put out fantastic music. Featuring Meatloaf on the cover.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment