Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hysterics S/T 7"

Photobucket

So I know it's been a while but I got my receiver fixed. Now I will be ripping tapes and records I've been wanting to rip for a while and periodically putting them up here so keep posted! First off... here it is for all those awaiting its arrival the magnificent Hysterics 7". This release is fucking great. New songs not previously on the demo tape are "Correct Me" and "Hanging Out At the 512" a lengthy jammer dedicated to the 512 park and ride in all its glory. I spent many a day there myself riding up to Tacoma or Seattle to skate or stay with friends. If anyone isn't familiar with the park and ride, buses are frequently late, it's the only place to catch buses to and from olympia to tacoma or seattle, it's surrounded by shitty fast food chains and its only redeeming value is a 7-11 a block down to get slurpees. It is hilarious and awesome, for some reason it always conjures to mind Deep Wound's "Let's Go to the Mall" even though it really isn't comparative; Hysterics doesn't switch instruments, is much tighter, and the track is actually good to listen to. "Correct Me" is great and may be my current favorite song if "Sunk" wasn't so damn good. Stephie does drums on this recording and it makes the tracks way better than the previous material. Shannon now plays drums for Hysterics and the same can be said for her drumming. Great stuff, enjoy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment