Thursday, April 17, 2014

Scalped - Demo 2014 CS

 photo scalpedcs_zpsed2d65b9.jpg

Pitched to me as "the new Yadokai band" before I had ever even heard it, of course that's what I expected. I got rocked by this cassette, so much heavier than I thought it was going to be. Guitars are laden with a metal crunch but it defies the genre by the real beauty of this release which is the brevity of the tracks. Heavy feedback and harsh reverb laden vocals make for a pummeling you won't soon recover from. The mosh comes quicker than you can brace yourself for, "Hyperphagia" being my personal favorite track. Almost has a Merauder break. Make sure you catch their Olympia and Seattle dates when they trek through the Northwest, June 20th and 22nd respectively.

 photo scalpedcslyrics_zps59308f25.jpg

Download

1 comment:

  1. This demo absolutely fucking shreds. One of the best releases I've heard in 2014.

    ReplyDelete