Friday, September 17, 2010

Blue Monday - Rewritten

Photobucket

This record is easily in my top five of the 2000s. I remember being at a Blue Monday show at the Manium and not even knowing rewritten had come out (I often chose to skate over going to shows so was out of the loop about most releases during the years of 2005 and 2006). I remember seeing it and asking someone near me if they had heard it. They raved about it so I had to pick it up. HOLY SHIT! I love it. The opening track pummels and then throws you into a serious economic reality check with the lyrics to "...a moving train". The full length shows serious musical maturity and an amazing step up in the lyric writing. Blue Monday's last Seattle show was during Champion weekend and was easily the most fun set of the whole weekend for me. I absolutely love this band and love this record.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download!

No comments:

Post a Comment