Friday, November 20, 2009

Media Mind - Prescriptions

Photobucket

The full length from Media Mind is awesome, and it’s incredibly rare that I find myself enjoying and identifying with something from Seattle. The lyrics are politically poignant, yet carry out a philosophical distinction that I find incredibly important for synthesizing political activism to the emotions of the listener. By incorporating rational thought and honest opinion the lyrics become generally more motivating and heartfelt. Musically, it’s a style that fits my taste; Fast and aggressive early 80s influenced hardcore punk with a bit of melody here and there, but not to say it’s melodic, just to say it has some unique catchiness to it. All the recordings were done live on what I believe the insert to say, on one mic, “the way it was supposed to be”. I can’t wait to see more from these guys in the future, but for now this and the demo are on constant rotation for me.

Photobucket

Lyrics 1
Lyrics 2


Download

No comments:

Post a Comment