Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Condition - Deteriorating EP

Photobucket

Now here is a bundle of five songs you can grip with both hands. I have no doubt these recordings will be setting the standard for many bands to come. God was I blown away. We were playing with them at Subversion and in LA and Joey was pumped. He played them for me and at first I didn't think much. I liked it from what I heard but then I saw them live and was fucking blown away. Furthermore I didn't realize Sam was the brainchild of this band, love you dugg, so that was a damn pleasant surprise. I had the pleasure of meeting Chad and Matt and crashing at Chad's place a few nights in a row which we kinda wrecked. Thanks again Chad. Really awesome people playing some really awesome fucking music. It was just plain menacing. So fucking loud I could hardly stay on my feet. Matt was clad in chains and trying to tie people up with tape in the audience while he simultaneously wrapped his own face. I also believe he was wearing sunglasses for a good half the set. During Gag's set Adam nailed him in the face and he got a pretty good sized welt. The whole night he kept saying "Where's your singer? I'm gonna get him back so good tomorrow" every time he saw me. This beautiful bundle of five songs will keep you flipping it over and over. The first thing I was struck by were the sick noises in the opening reminiscent of Void. I was let in on the secret behind them but forget it already. Some arrangement of pedals making chaotic noises, a nice personal flare. I feel like my heart skips a beat every time I hear "Smoldering Wreckage". Please jam this. Done on cassette and a limited run of 7"s. Didn't have to rip this one on my own, picked it up from Terminal Escape Credit where credit is due, thanks Robert.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment