Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Crude Thought - S/T CS

Photobucket

The sophomore release from Olympia's own Crude Thought and considerably better in my opinion, than the first demo. The whole thing rages throughout all the way up to Body where I usually rewind because I have a super short attention span. "It Could Be You" and "Dear America" are easily my favorite songs by the band and fittingly, open up the tape. Two re-recorded demo tracks lead into "Flowers" which is also a track I enjoy quite a bit on the release. The riff almost gives me a Siouxsie and the Banshees feel. There are obvious elements of grunge riffage and some post-punk stylistic choices that make this release unique to the ever-changing Olympia hardcore scene. One more area of the spectrum Olympia seizes and dominates. Recorded live at Phantom City Records. I remember Stevie and Brynn being bummed on some of the weird effects at the beginning and end but I think they're sweet, haha, enjoy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment