Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More To Pride - This Is Life

Photobucket

Hardcore circa 2005 on Rival, aka, Rivalry records. I'm not sure why I like this as much as I do, I guess it sort of gives me a contemporary District 9 vibe but just with way less groove. Also it's funny because the dude reads out the lyrics to one of the tracks at the end of the CD version much like the guitar player of District 9 does in the New York Hardcore documentary. Tracks include some guest spots from Mr. 8-clip of Allegiance and Connor of Lights Out, two bands I have a soft spot for considering the time period I got interested in contemporary hardcore. Just look at the shout outs list; it tells all for that time period. I only got to see More to Pride a handful of times but the live sets I did get to see were nuts, I loved it. I was also able to catch their last show at Rivalry fest in 2007. Good stuff if you like the pseudo-thug contemporary hardcore feel.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment