Saturday, August 17, 2013

Wet - S/T CS

 photo wettape_zpsa7add620.jpg

I'm a little late on this one but I didn't get a copy for a while. Tanar gave me one a bit after it came out but it seemed like Wet played quite a few shows before they recorded this tape. This tape has grown on me a lot and I now I really like it. I was put off at first because Steven is a sick ass hardcore front man and the tape is a little more dynamic and pulls from too many influences to be categorized as straight "hardcore". Not to say I didn't like it, I was just sad Steven was playing guitar and singing because I wanted to see him go crazy. He's got some energy live. What we have here is something a little different but still gets your blood pumping. I remember hearing them practice a lot in the Family House garage and always thinking the last track on this tape was the cut. Damn. It's the cut. Members of every god damn Olympia band past and present because Steven and Tanar are in it. Also Dan of Cult Ritual just crewed up on second guitar. Recorded with the almighty Trips. Stay tuned for more things coming from this band.

 photo wetinsert_zps0a3b3e28.jpg

Download


No comments:

Post a Comment